Inklings Book Contest Application
Congratulations on your decision to submit to the Inklings Book Contest! We can’t wait to read your work. Please review the information below before submitting
- Submissions may be made by young authors grades 3-9.
- Submissions may be a single poem or a complete short story of any genre.
- Submissions may be no longer than 3,750 words (about 15 pages double-spaced typed)
- Limit 1 submission per person.
- Submissions must be .pdf, .doc/.docx, or .rtf files and must follow the manuscript format.
- Submissions are due March 15, 2020.
Entries will be reviewed by a committee of Young Inklings staff and Collaborating Artists. The committee will look for writing submissions that have a strong point of view and for writers who are committed to the revision process. Up to ten winners will be chosen from grades 3-6 and up to ten from grades 7-9.
All applicants will be notified of whether or not they were chosen for publishing by April 15, 2020. Winners will be guided through the revision process and published in the 2020 Inklings Book. Finalists and Society of Young Inklings members will receive a personalized editorial letter with feedback about their work. All applicants will receive a personalized note from our mentor team.
For more details and answer to frequently asked questions, please see this page.