Online Writer’s Circles
Join a small circle of dedicated writers who will encourage, provide specific feedback, and inspire you. Your group will be facilitated by a pro-writer and mentor through an online video chat. In each session, you will:
- play games and do activities that will help you develop your characters, the world of your story, and your plot.
- share and discuss pieces of your writing project.
- look at the writing of your peers and share what you love and what you wonder.
- build close reading skills, and learn to discuss creative work in a way that supports another writer while also helping you to grow your own skill set.
- discuss and explore at least one practical strategy to strengthen your writing craft.
Our circles are designed for writers who:
- are ages 8-15.
- can commit to 6 weeks of sessions
- are ready to start (or currently) working on a creative project such as a book, a play or script, or a collection of short stories.
- enjoy reading, writing, and discussing stories.
- are committed, motivated, and ready for a challenge.
- See our FAQ page for more details.