Society of Young Inklings is a creativity-boosting 501c3 organization with a mission of inspiring and supporting young writers. At Society of Young Inklings, with a parent and/or legal guardian’s permission, young writers can enroll in mentorships or classes, submit writing for publication on our blog, and take advantage of free resources, contests, and earn rewards for completing challenges.
Online and in-person classes and mentorships are designed by Society of Young Inklings, and delivered by authors, illustrators, and professional writers/artists (mentors) who serve as contractors for Society of Young Inklings. Prior to contracting with Society of Young Inklings all mentors complete a comprehensive background check.
Terms of Service
By using younginklings.org, you are agreeing to be bound by these legal terms and conditions. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, you are not entitled to use this website. If you are dissatisfied with this website, its content, or the terms of this agreement, you agree that your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue your use of this website. You acknowledge that your use of this Website is at your sole risk. You represent you have the legal capacity and authority to accept these Terms of Service on behalf of yourself or any party you represent. Certain terms of this Agreement may not apply to your use of the Website however all applicable terms are nonetheless binding.
We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions when we deem necessary. You will be notified of any changes by the publication of a revised policy on this page. It is your responsibility to check back to this page from time to time to ensure that you are up to date on any modifications. If we make a material change to this policy we will contact you by email before the changes become effective to seek your consent.
Indemnification. You, the user of this website, agree to indemnify and hold Society of Young Inklings, its subsidiaries, affiliates, parent, successors and/or assigns, and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners and employees, harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of this agreement or in connection with any use of the website.
Termination. This agreement shall remain in effect until terminated. This agreement may be terminated at Society of Young Inklings’s sole discretion and without prior notice, or by mutual written agreement between the parties, but not by the user. Society of Young Inklings shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any termination. Upon termination you or any other person or party using the website shall cease to use the website at your sole cost and expense.
Proprietary Materials. All content available through the website, as well as all software and materials contained in the Website are protected by copyrights or other proprietary rights and laws. You hereby agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit, or create derivative works from such content.
Disclaimer of Warranty. The Website is provided “as is”, with all faults and without warranty of any kind. Society of Young Inklings HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Society of Young Inklings DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR CORRECT OR THAT IT WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE CONTENT IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. You assume the entire risk as to the quality, results, and performance of the website as well as the entire risk and cost of all service, repair, or correction. No oral or written information, advice, suggestions, or recommendations given by Society of Young Inklings, its board of directors, contractors or employees shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this agreement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain warranties or consumer rights so some exclusions and limitations may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability. You agree that Society of Young Inklings, its directors, contractors, partners, and employees, shall not be liable to you or any third party for any damages, however caused; unauthorized or accidental access to or alteration of data; statements or conduct of any third party; or any matter relating to the use of the website; and even if Society of Young Inklings has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain remedies or damages so some exclusions and limitations may not apply to you.
Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be ineffective, unenforceable, or illegal for any reason, Society of Young Inklings shall be deemed reformed such provision to the extent necessary to make it effective, enforceable, and legal or such provision may be deemed severed and in either case this Agreement with such provision reformed or severed shall remain in full force and in effect to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Controlling Law and Controversies. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California and of the United States. You understand and agree that use of the website may involve interstate data transmissions which may be considered a transaction in interstate commerce under federal law. If any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement cannot be solved by negotiation between the parties, the parties hereby agree to attempt in good faith to settle the dispute through mediation administered by a mutually agreed upon mediator in Santa Clara, CA. In the event of legal action relating to the Agreement or the Website, the venue of such action shall be in the State or Federal Court situated in Santa Clara, CA, and User expressly waives any defense of forum non conveniens.
Entire Agreement. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Society of Young Inklings and the user and supersedes all prior understandings, promises, and undertakings, if any, made orally or in writing with respect to the subject matter hereof. No modification, amendment, waiver, termination, or discharge of any portion of this agreement shall be binding unless executed and confirmed in writing by Society of Young Inklings.
Ownership. This website and all associated materials provided by Society of Young Inklings are the solely owned or appropriately licensed property of Society of Young Inklings. Society of Young Inklings does not sell, convey, transfer or assign any title, ownership right, or interest in or to the website. By using this website, you are agreeing only to a non-exclusive, nontransferable license to use, according to the terms of this agreement, the website and any software programs or other proprietary material of third parties that are incorporated into the website. Society of Young Inklings reserves and retains all applicable right, title, and interest in and to the Website and all associated materials. Any remuneration paid for this product constitute a license fee for the use of the Website.
- The copying, duplication, translation, reverse engineering, or alteration of the website or any portion thereof is prohibited without the prior written consent of Society of Young Inklings.
- Requests for permission to reproduce, duplicate, adapt, or otherwise exploit any portion of the Website should be submitted in writing to Society of Young Inklings address listed at the end of this Agreement. Any permissions granted shall be in the sole discretion of Society of Young Inklings.
- Neither the website nor any part thereof may be rented, leased, sold, assigned, transferred, re-licensed, sub-licensed, or conveyed for any purpose.
- Programs or software developed and/or owned by entities other than Society of Young Inklings and included with or incorporated into the website is subject to and its use is governed by this agreement.
Third Party Sites and Content. Our website may contain (or may send you to) links to other websites as well as articles, multi-media content, applications, software, and other content belonging to third parties. Society of Young Inklings does its best to screen third party content, but is not responsible for any third party sites or third party content accessed through younginklings.org or. Inclusion of or linking to third party content or sites does not imply approval or endorsement by Society of Young Inklings.
User Conduct. You agree that no materials submitted or shared by you will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful material. You further agree not to use the website to:
- collect email addresses or other contact information of other users;
- send unsolicited communications to other users;
- use the website in any unlawful or unauthorized manner;
- share, post, or otherwise make available any content that Society of Young Inklings deems harmful, abusive, inflammatory, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- post or otherwise make publicly available through the website any private information of any third party;
- upload, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass another;
- post or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage, or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national, or international law;
- use or attempt to use another’s account, service, or system or create a false identity on the website;
- interfere with or disrupt the website or servers or networks connected to the website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the website;
- post or otherwise make available content that infringes any proprietary rights of any party or defames, slanders, or libels any party, or otherwise violates any law of the United States or the jurisdiction in which you reside;
- post or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Society of Young Inklings, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Website, or which may expose Society of Young Inklings or its users to harm or liability of any type.
- link any pages or content within this website to any other websites without the prior written permission of Society of Young Inklings.
The website may incorporate or have been created with the use of and in conjunction with third party software. This third party software may only be used in conjunction with the Website and you may not use this third party software for any other purpose or with any other product or service at any time or for any reason.