We’re here to support you as you move the big ideas from your heart and head onto the page.
AS PART OF OUR COMMUNITY, WE INVITE YOU TO:
WRITE WITH US
– Subscribe to the Ink Splat for an exclusive author interview and writing challenge.
– Join the Drafting Workshop online community to collaborate with peers and boost your writing momentum.
MENTOR WITH A PRO
– Customize your weekly or bi-weekly one-on-one sessions to fit your schedule and goals.
– Explore new skills and genres or draft a project through “the end!”
– Enter our annual Inklings Book contest with your short story or poem.
– Revise and publish a book of your own with Inklings mentorship and community support.
At Society of Young Inklings, we connect youth writers with professional authors and mentors.
“When my students submitted their work to the Society of Young Inklings contest, I expected a form letter, but was surprised instead that Inklings mentors carefully read the writing and gave each student specific feedback that was really helpful and encouraging.”
Zoe Sharp, 5th grade teacher in Mountain View, CA
ARE YOU AN EDUCATOR?
We’ve designed tools especially for you. Subscribe to our Writerly Play Kit to receive an exclusive monthly author interview paired with a writing challenge, plus tools, printables, and video mini-lessons for your classroom.
Support Young Inklings and Empower Heroes
So proud of Melissa Savage and the Hero Program that she launched at Young Inklings this year. The Hero Program helps medically frail children and their siblings express themselves through creative writing.
Your donation to Society of Young Inklings supports our ability to offer the Hero Program free of charge, as well as other free-to-all and low-cost programs that empower youth to share the power of their words with the world.
SYI is a registered nonprofit dedicated to providing programs to support a diversity of youth voices nationwide, particularly in high-need and underserved communities. We offer need-based scholarships, low-cost, and free programming.
Who are our Inklings?
In their own words …
And special words of encouragement from beloved author, Lois Lowry …
Spark your creativity!
Subscribe to our monthly Ink Splat for an exclusive author interview, a writing challenge, and other fun (and free!) goodies, curated especially for youth writers.
As a bonus gift, we’ll send you an Inklings Starter Kit packed with creativity-sparking fun.