Woah! With over 80 submissions this year we had a tough time choosing just 20 young writers to feature. We read stories and poems that made us gasp, think, laugh and FEEL! We are amazed by the pure talent and bravery of young writers. Thank you to all who submitted to the contest this year!
2015 INKLINGS BOOK CONTEST WINNERS:
1. Simple Magic by Phoebe Barrientos
2. 100 Shades of Summer by Samantha Sasaki
3. The Story of my Grandather’s Singing Bowl by Tal Dickman
4. The Sheriff and the Treehouse by Rachel Hoge
5. A Cat in Paris by Olivia Cisneros
6. What Others Couldn’t Dream by Evie Landreth
7. Dance With Me by Ashley Schwatka
8. Lost and Found by Sonia Kulasooriya
9. The Tree by Daniel Kao
10. The Little Fairy by Rachel Gould
11. The Mice by Rouli Freeman
12. William by Kiera Finlay
13. The Vegetarian Lion by Mitesh Jain
14. Poems by Katie Turk
15. The Shadow of the Dragon by Benjamin Bouie
16. Cherry Blossoms at Tidal Basin by Cynthia Wang
17. The Baseball Game by Kabir Buch
18. The Dragon Journey by Timothy Leung
19. Goodbye India by Sonia Cherian
20. Just a Rose by Ellie Turk
Congratulations, winners! Be sure to check your email. You’ll be meeting your mentor and start working on your revisions soon!
Remember every young writer who applied to the contest will receive a positive critique letter in the mail even those not chosen as a winner. Be sure to check your email and watch your mailbox for a special letter!
A HUGE thank you to our Inklings Book Sponsors!
Joe and Glenda Zanger.
It’s not too late to become a sponsor! Learn more here. Society of Young Inklings is a 501(c)(3)non-profit organization.