We each have stories to tell, and our own unique ways of telling them. That’s why we personalize each mentorship at Society of Young Inklings. Our mentors are professional writers, storytellers, and illustrators who help students understand how they think, learn, and best achieve momentum. Our mentorships are designed for writers ages 8+ who are ready for a challenge.
Read below to learn about our different mentorship offerings.
Custom Writing Mentorships
Together with their mentors, young writers develop a customized set of strategies and tools so that reaching their writing goals is both practical and fun. Custom writing mentorships are done either 1-on-1 or in small groups.
Our mentors help you:
- set a specific goal
- challenge yourself to build new skills
- stay motivated and track your progress
- develop creative and critical thinking strategies
- blast through blocks
- laugh and enjoy yourself along the way
Price ranges from $45-$100 per session. View the Mentorship Guide. Click the button below to schedule a 20-minute informational phone call with our mentorship coordinator.
Editorial Letter Mentorship
You finished a story or poem. Now what? Receive professional feedback from a writer who is passionate about writing craft and who can offer you concrete strategies for taking your work to the next level.
Submit your manuscript for our Editorial Letter Program. In return, you will receive an editorial letter that outlines your demonstrated writing strengths and a few focused strategies to use in your revision. We include line notes in your manuscript to highlight specific ways to apply the strategies. Should you want to talk the strategies through and problem solve with a mentor, you may opt for an online meeting with your editor.
Pricing starts at $125 per submission.
Online Writer’s Circles
Join a small circle of dedicated writers who will encourage, provide specific feedback, and inspire you. Your group will be facilitated by a pro-writer and mentor through an online video chat. In each session, you will:
- play games and do activities that will help you develop your characters, the world of your story, and your plot
- share and discuss pieces of your writing project.
- look at the writing of your peers and share what you love and what you wonder.
- build close reading skills, and learn to discuss creative work in a way that supports another writer while also helping you to grow your own skill set.
- discuss and explore at least one practical strategy to strengthen your writing craft.
Price: $280 per
Not sure what to pick?
Join our society and we’ll send you a FREE Inklings Starter kit with tips and tricks personalized to your style and interests.